The FreeWheel® attaches to the footrest of your wheelchair and transforms it into a three-wheel all-terrain vehicle. Pushing through grass, gravel, uneven surfaces and even snow becomes significantly easier and the user experiences more confidence wherever they travel! When not in use, the FreeWheel® stores on the back of your chair in seconds.
The FreeWheel comes with everything you need to Get Out & Go! Whether you have a rigid frame wheelchair or a folding wheelchair, the FreeWheel is your ticket to Freedom, Independence, and increased Mobility. Now, you can venture off-road in your wheelchair, going anywhere you want!
With the FreeWheel your wheelchair casters are lifted off the ground, turning your wheelchair into a 3-wheeler, so you simply roll over any obstacle: dirt trails, curbs, grass, gravel, snow, and even sand. No more wasting energy and slowing down to pop a wheelie.
Set up And Maintenance
Set-upMaintenancePrice ListParts Price List
FreeWheel Attachment Specifications:
- The initial installation may take approximately 15 minutes, and after installation, the FreeWheel clamps on and off in seconds.
- Footrest Height:
- If the height of your footrest is over 4-3/4″ you may require a custom frame FreeWheel. See additional information below.
- Footrest Angle:
- If the angle of your footrest is more than 12% the FreeWheel may not work. Please contact us for more information.
- Frame and Fork:
- Made from strong, aircraft quality aluminum means your FreeWheel comes with a Satisfaction Guarantee. The unique patented design adds strength and means there are no sharp edges to catch on anyone or anything.
- The precisely engineered vise like connection allows you to confidentially attach your FreeWhee for a secure fit and excellent handling.
- The large front wheel has less resistance than small casters and makes it easier to roll on any surface, whether you are alone, or someone is helping you.
- This mechanism keeps the front wheel straight to improve stability and handling. By applying slight pressure, it will release, allowing you to quickly and easily turn in any direction.
- Attach the included perch onto your crossbar behind your seat back and clamp your FreeWheel onto it when you need to stow it. This allows you to have your FreeWheel literally at your fingertips and keeps it out of the way when not in use. Have your FreeWheel with you 24/7 to be ready for anything!
- The FreeWheel works on solid rigid-frame footrests that are a maximum of 4-3/4″ off the ground. If your footrest is “angled” (footrest higher in front than in the back) it must be angled no more than 12 degrees for the FreeWheel to clamp securely to your chair.
- Custom Frames:
- Standard wheelchair frames have a distance of 4.75″ from the top of the footrest to the floor. If your chair has a greater distance, please choose the correct measurements from the option dropdown above. If you are in between sizes, choose the smaller size.